1. Wake up to music by setting your alarm clock to radio instead of a ring. I like to set up my alarm 30 minutes before everybody wakes up so it is just me and the morning quietness. This early morning peace carries me throughout the day.
2. Stretch. Your muscles need to wake up too. Start by stretching your arms while laying down and then move your neck and shoulder to relax them.
3. Drink a large glass of water (before eating) — it will rehydrate you after a long night of sleep and get your digestive system in right frame of mind. Of all the steps, this one is the one that most French Women will not skip – great for your skin too.
4. Breath some fresh air — this can be as simple as opening your window just for a few minutes and taking in a deep breath (or two).
5. Get a good breakfast. If you can afford the time, try to set aside 15 min to enjoy your breakfast — quietly, listening to a radio show, reading the paper or your iPad. Even if you cannot afford the time, we all have busy mornings, we really need to fit in a breakfast. Incorporating the following four elements in your breakfast would be ideal – but you can start with your favorite two and go from there:
- Hydrate yourself with a warm drink (coffee, tea, etc.).
- Get your much needed calcium with a dairy product such as yogurt, milk, cheese, etc.
- Get your boost of energy with grains: bread, cereals, etc.
- Get your vitamins with a fruit: orange, apple, grapes, kiwi, etc.
6. Take a warm shower and finish it up with cold water. It will firm up your skin and help blood circulation. Singing in the shower does help too!
7. And if you’re cranky or just tired, try some music. Music has a way to bring sunshine into your heart.
You may want to just try this for a couple of days and see how you feel. Enjoy a great day!