Salade de Tomates Mozzarella (Tomato & Mozzarella Salad)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (yield 4 servings)
- 4 big tomaotes or 8 vine tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 TBSP of parmesan
- Black olives
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Lettuce leaves
Directions to make the Balsamic Vinaigrette
The key in any vinaigrette sauce is to maintain a 3 to 1 ratio of oil to vinegar.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with 1-2 pinches of salt and 2 turns of ground pepper mill (or 2 pinches of pepper).
- Using a spoon or whisk, slowly mix in 6 tablespoons of olive oil, a few drops at a time. You want to make sure your vinaigrette emulsifies (i.e. mixing the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together to get a homogenized mixture).
- Taste and add more salt & pepper if needed.
Directions to make the Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Wash 4 leaves of lettuce and dry thouroughly. Lay on a large serving plate.
- Wash, dry and slice tomatoes. Place slices on top on your bed of lettuce.
- Slice mozzarella ball and place mozzarella slices on top of the tomato slices. Your mozzarella slices should be cut, if needed, to fit your tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with parmesan (optional).
- Drop a few sliced black olives (optional).
- Pour prepared balsamic vinaigrette over your tomato & mozzarella salad. Enjoy!