To give a French touch to this American classic, check below the Art of the Home French hot dog easy recipe and suggestions. Enjoy and bon appétit!
Hot Dog Baguette (French Hot Dog)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (yield 4 servings)
- 1 French baguette
- 4 hot dogs
- Dijon Mustard
- Boil water and cook hot dog for about 5 minutes. Cover and remove from heat (the heat and steam make the hot dogs so moist and juicy).
- Cut baguette in 4 equal pieces. With a knive, carve out some bread to leave enough room for the hot dog.
- Coat inside of baguette with ketchup or Dijon mustard or both depending on your family’s preference.
- Take hot dogs out of water and place inside the baguette. Enjoy!
Art of the Home Suggestions:
- Sausage substitution: instead of a hot dog, consider an italian sausage.
- Cheese lovers: Split open the baguette and insert a slice of American, cheddar or Swiss cheese prior to inserting the hot dog.
- Drinks: you may want to consider serving a “1664″ — the popular French beer from the Kronenbourg brewery founded in 1664 in Alsace, France.