Herbes de Provence Homemade French Fries (Pommes Frites Maison aux Herbes de Provence)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 3 lb of russet Potatoes (about 6 potatoes)
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 tsp of herbes de provence
- 3 TBSP olive Oil
- 2 pinches of Salt
- 1 pinch of pepper (or 1 turn of pepper mill)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Clean and peel potatoes. Slice them thick – about the size of steak fries. Dry them again thoroughly with a clean lint free dish cloth (or paper towel).
- In a mixing bowl, toss French fries, olive oil, flour, and salt&pepper to coat them (you can also mix them inside a closed Ziplog — works too and very convenient). Add olive oil if needed to make sure all French fries are coated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper before placing French fries on it (one single layer). Sprinkle with herbes de Provence.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes on one side. Flip all French fries over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add salt according to taste.
Art of the Home Suggestion:
- Make it French Bistro night at home: on the menu, “steak frites” with your favorite Cabernet Sauvignon (or a red Bordeaux wine) for the grown ups (les grands) and “steak haché frites” (hamburger patty & French fries) for the children (les enfants) with a bottle of Evian. Delicious with a green salad. And why not ice cream for dessert – that would be a treat! Bon appetit à tous!
- Gift of French Fries: if you have a friend or family member that had to give up French fries due to cholesterol concerns – the sacrifice is over! Invite them to a Herbes de Provence Homemade French Fries dégustation (tasting). Art of the Home Homemade French Fries contains only 1 gram of saturated fat per serving (bad fat) and a high level of monounsaturated fat (good fat) so they are suitable for a low-cholesterol diet – in moderation of course!