Quiche (Quiche Lorraine)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings)
- 1 pie crust dough (store bought or homemade pâte brisée for 9-10 inch tart pan)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of crème fraîche
- Salt & pepper
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Line tart pan with parchment paper. Roll out pie crust.
- Pre-bake (blind bake) the crust in a 400 °F for 12-15 minutes. Check Art of the Home blind baking steps.
- Beat eggs and add in crème fraîche. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cut bacon in small strips and brown in pan.
- Spread evenly on the bottom of your pre-baked pie crust.
- Pour in egg/crème fraîche mixture.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Carefully lift quiche Lorraine holding the parchment paper and transfer to a large serving plate before slicing.
Art of the Home Suggestions:
- Ham or Bacon — you can replace the bacon with ham for a quicker and healthier quiche. Use about 8 slices stacked together and cut in cubes. Spread at the bottom of the crust as you would the bacon. No frying pan required. You can also go half bacon-half ham, nice combo too.
- Cheese — although the traditional quiche Lorraine does not have cheese, feel free to sprinkle about 1/2 cup of shredded gruyere on top — we do!
- Crust — you can make it fluffy by using puff pastry crust instead of a pie crust dough.
- Nutmeg — you may skip it if you don’t have any, your quiche will still be delicious. Eventhoug it is in the traditional recipe, we often prefer to skip it.
- Wine selection — best enjoyed with a dry white wine.