Palmiers (Palmiers Cookies)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (for 20 palmiers)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 °F (about 200 °C).
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry.
- Sprinkle sugar on puff pastry.
- Starting on the long side of the puff pastry, roll it to form a small cylinder until you reach the center of the dough. Do the same with other long side. You will have 2 cylinders touching at the center of the puff pastry.
- Put cookie sheet with rolled up dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Slice in 1/4 inch rounds (they look more like ovals). Move each palmier into cooking position by sliding them on the parchment paper (this will prevent the sugar from falling out when you place them.) Make sure you leave some space between each palmier to allow them to spread.
- Bake palmiers for 20 minutes, turning them over with a flat spatula after 10 minutes.
- Remove from cooking sheet and let cool on a plate. Serve warm or cold.
Art of the Home Suggestions:
- Dessert plate: palmiers make a great decoration on the side of a fresh sorbet or with a creamy mousse au chocolat.