Easy French Dessert: Banana Pound Cake
Banana Pound Cake (Quatre-quart à la Banane)
Banana Pound Cake (Quatre-Quart à la Banane)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (for 6-8 servings)
- 3 eggs
- Weight of your 3 eggs in sugar
- Weight of your 3 eggs in sifted flour
- Weight of your 3 eggs of melted salted butter
- 1-2 very ripe bananas
- 1 bag of sugar vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Butter and flour cake pan (we used this 9-inch loaf pan). Place parchment paper at the bottom.
- Weight eggs to find out how much of the other ingredients you will need (typically about 170 grams or so). Beat eggs as you would for an omelet. Add cooled off melted butter
- Add sugar and vanilla sugar. Then add sifted flour.
- In a separate small bowl or plate, mash ripe bananas with a fork and add to your mixture.
- Pour in cake pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven (350 °F). Insert knife to check but don’t overcook otherwise it will not be as moist.
- Gently detach the sides of cake with a knife and place on cooling rack.
- Wait until it cools off to slice.