Composed Salad Recipes
As with most composed salad recipes, this fisherman’s salad is quick and easy to prepare, especially if you cook the potatoes ahead of time (or have left over from the day before). So check Art of the Home recipe and suggestions below for a quick trip to the sea with your family and friends. Enjoy and bon appétit!
Composed Salad Recipes : Fisherman’s Salmon Salad
Salade du Pêcheur au Saumon (Fisherman’s Salmon Salad)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings)
- 12 new potatoes (pommes de terre nouvelles). In the US, fingerling potatoes are our favorite choice.
- 6 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 cup of shredded crab meat or imitation crab meat
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp of spicy mustard (e.g. Maille Dijon). For a stronger vinaigrette, use 2 tsp.
- 1 shallot
- Salt & pepper
- Wash and cook potatoes. Let them cool off.
- Prepare the sauce vinaigrette as follows: in a small bowl, mix 1-2 teaspoon of mustard with 2 pinches of salt and 2 turns of ground pepper mill (or 2 pinches of pepper). Mix in 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Using a spoon or whisk, slowly mix in 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in minced shallots. Taste and add more salt & pepper if needed.
- Peel and cut potatoes in small pieces. Place at the bottom of a large serving bowl. Cut smoked salmon. Mince garlic. Put salmon, crab meat and garlic on top of potatoes.
- Gently toss all ingredients with prepared vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning if needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Art of the Home Suggestions:
- Make ahead: this fisherman’s salmon salad is especially tasty if the potatoes had some time to absorb the vinaigrette so if you can prepare it at least a couple of hours before, your taste buds will be grateful! And how about that — cook your potatoes at night, toss everything in the morning and dinner will be ready when you get home!
From the Art of the Home Recipe Box: Composed Salad Recipes — Fisherman’s Salmon Salad