At the Farmers Market: 5 Traditional French Market Baskets
So check the 5 baskets below and cast your vote to let us know which one is your favorite: 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 (as hard as it may be, you have to pick just one, sorry!). So let’s begin:
- French market basket #1: # 1 has leather straps and leather trim. Love this French lady’s bracelet!
- French market basket # 2: #2 has leather straps only and is the most common basket seen at the farmers market. This is the old-fashion French soft market basket — just short leather straps for a snug fit.
- French market basket #3: # 3 is larger than the old-fashion basket and has a flat bottom which allows you to set your basket on the ground – an advantage when you need both hands to check out fruits and vegetables. We saw a lot of #3 as well.
- French market basket #4: #4 has leather straps all around which makes it more durable.
- French market basket #5: #5 has long straps and is a bit more fashionable. In fact, you can see French women using these types of baskets at the beach to carry towels, sunscreen, magazine, etc. For more use of your market baskets, check our article “4 Ideas to Use A French Market Basket Year-Round.” Love those lovely flowers in the background.
So cast your vote on which French market basket is your favorite. We’ll compile the results and feature the Art of the Home readers favorite traditional french market basket. Just leave us your favorite basket number in the comment section: #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5!